Bellafill®

What is Bellafill®?

Bellafill® is the only dermal filler that stimulates collagen growth long term to help maintain your youthful appearance for up to 5 years. Now, you can look your best without wasting time and money on frequent filler injections.

Features & Benefits

Bellafill®’s tiny, polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres are suspended within a base of smooth collagen gel. Once injected, the collagen gel immediately reduces the look of smile lines. Over time, your body uses the microspheres in Bellafill® to create a “scaffold” onto which your own natural collagen can develop. This collagen forms a foundation that adds volume to wrinkles, reducing their appearance – and giving you natural-looking results that feel soft and smooth for up to 5 years.

Instant results

Starts working immediately, and continues to add volume over time.

Happy patients

83% satisfaction after 5 years.

Natural looking results that last

The only dermal filler FDA approved to be a safe and effective for up to 5 years.

Bellafill FAQs:

How Do I Prepare for Bellafill® Treatment?

There are two primary ingredients in this powerful dermal filler. One is bovine collagen. In fact, bovine collagen makes up 80 percent of this filler. The other 20 percent is Polymethacrylate Methacrylate (PMMA). Together, these two ingredients work to increase natural collagen production in an area of the skin for a prolonged period of time. To ensure that you can safely receive Bellafill injections, we'll first perform a skin test. This can be done at your initial consultation visit. A skin test is similar to a tuberculosis test that is performed in certain circumstances. A skin test involves injecting a minute amount of bovine collagen beneath the skin. This form of collagen serves as the vehicle to transport the PMMA microspheres to the area of focus. After the skin test, you'll observe the treated area for 28 days. If, after that time, no reaction has occurred, we can schedule your Bellafill treatment!

Are Bellafill® Injections Painful?

You should not find your Bellafill injections painful, no. Your provider at West End Plastic Surgery can apply a topical anesthetic to your skin prior to your treatment. This doesn't numb the area completely but it desensitizes the nerves in your skin enough for you to feel comfortable. After your Bellafill injections, you might experience a mild stinging sensation for a day or two. This is a normal side effect that should resolve without further treatment.

Is Bellafill® Safe?

Because Bellafill contains bovine collagen, some patients have concerns about an adverse reaction to this treatment. According to research, only two to four percent of the population has a sensitivity to bovine collagen. Of this group, only one percent may have a reaction to the substance. The next ingredient, PMMA, is a type of plastic. That said, Polymethacrylate Methacrylate has been used in both medicine and dentistry for more than 30 years. Thousands of patients have received PMMA as a form of bone cement and have lived with this material for years without complications or allergic reactions. Now, just because Bellafill is safe doesn't mean you should receive treatment from any provider. Due to the permanence of this filler, your choice of injector matters. The more training and experience a provider has, the better.

How Many Times Must I Be Treated?

Bellafill is designed to achieve prolonged results with just one round of injections. According to studies of patients in other countries, where Bellafill is quite common, nearly two-thirds of treatments require only one session. If one session doesn't achieve the degree of improvement you'd like, you can schedule a touch-up three or more months after your first visit.

How Does Bellafill® Work?

The bovine collagen gel in Bellafill immediately raises lines and indentations on the skin. This initial "filling" gradually decreases over one to three months. After that point, the skin is plumped by the natural collagen that has formed around the PMMA microspheres.

Request an Appointment

Confirmation
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

* All indicated fields must be completed.
Please include non-medical questions and correspondence only.

Located in Washington, D.C.

Monday: 8am-5pm
Tuesday: 8am-7pm
Wednesday: 8am-5pm
Thursday: 8am-7pm
Friday: 8am-6pm
Saturday: 9am-5pm
Sunday: Closed

Accessibility Toolbar

west end art event
Scroll to Top