By stimulating collagen regrowth, Laser Genesis effectively reduces the appearance of fine lines, tightens pores, improves the overall tone and texture of the skin, gets rid of sun damage, and helps to diminish any redness on the skin.
The Laser Genesis procedure utilizes non-invasive laser technology to safely, naturally, and effectively your skin. You can expect to see consistent results after each treatment. Treatments can be performed in a relaxed, comfortable manner without the use of topical anesthetics or gel. Unlike other laser treatments, Laser Genesis has minimal downtime, is pain-free, and delivers big results!
How does Laser Genesis work?
By gently heating the upper dermis well below your skin’s surface, Laser Genesis improves the appearance of wrinkles through collagen stimulation. Additional heat is generated in dilated capillaries to reduce redness.
What does the procedure feel like?
Patients often describe the treatment as relaxing and therapeutic. You will experience a gentle warming of your skin’s surface during the procedure. You can immediately return to normal activities, utilizing sunscreen if participating in outdoor activities.
What kind of improvements can you expect with Laser Genesis skin therapy?
Over the course of four to five treatments, Laser Genesis can help restore the skin’s youthful glow and appearance. The individual treatment results are subtle, but the overall effect of multiple treatments can be quite dramatic.
- Safely and gently treat diffuse redness
- Fades acne scarring
- Continuously stimulates new collagen production
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Naturally promotes a healthy look
What can I expect before the treatment?
You will not need gel, anesthetic cream or ice prior to treatment. Before the actual Laser Genesis treatment, you will be asked to remove your make-up or moisturizers and, in some cases, you may be asked to shave the area to be treated. Your physician will review and assist with all pre-treatment requirements
What is diffuse redness?
Diffuse redness is a general appearance of facial redness, such as rosy cheeks. This condition is caused by dilated capillaries, resulting in an appearance of general redness, not discrete, well-defined vessels. The most commonly affected areas are the nose, forehead and cheeks. Diffuse redness is often associated with a condition called rosacea and it can be hereditary. Laser Genesis will help your appearance by gently treating and reducing this condition.
What areas can be treated?
Laser Genesis patients report excellent results over their entire faces and necks. Additionally, practitioners may suggest this therapy to diminish recent scars on other parts of the body.
How many treatments will I need?
On average, you may require four to six treatments in order to achieve optimal results. Every patient’s condition and needs vary. For more information about your expected results or the number of treatments necessary, consult your physician.
What are the possible side effects?
Although most patients report few if any side effects, the most common is a slight redness that disappears within a few hours of treatment. Consult your physician for complete information about the benefits and risks of treatment.
Recommended Pre & Post Care for Laser Genesis Treatments
Before your treatment:
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
After your treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness and swelling may occur and resolve with time
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days post-treatment
- Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.
- Multiple treatments are required
- Notify clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
Consult with clinic about when to resume skin care regime.