CoolPeel™ is an advanced laser treatment that reduces the appearance of fine lines, sun damage, and pores. It also improves skin texture with little to no downtime. As the treatment is delivered, the old and damaged skin is removed and collagen production is stimulated, leaving you with more youthful-looking skin.
Tetra CoolPeel™ CO2 is a one-of-a-kind laser that offers fully customizable skin resurfacing treatments and will completely rejuvenate your skin, without the downtime of traditional CO2 lasers. Tailored to your unique needs, the CoolPeel treatment works within your lifestyle to give you dramatically smoother, brighter, younger-looking skin. Call 202-785-4187 today to schedule your Tetra CoolPeel CO2 consultation with our plastic surgery team!
Tetra CoolPeel Improves:
- Fine lines or deep wrinkles
- Uneven pigmentation and redness
- Age spots
- Acne scars
- Sun damage
- Loose skin
What is a CoolPeel?
CoolPeel is a brand new way to safely, and comfortably deliver the benefits of a traditional CO2 resurfacing, without the associated downtime. For these treatments, the Tetra laser settings are more conservative, and the energy is spread out over multiple treatment sessions. This way, you notice your benefits gradually and avoid a significant period of recovery. Friends and family will see a more radiant you without the need to hide.
How is CoolPeel different?
For decades, CO2 lasers have been the gold standard in skin resurfacing. However, while traditional CO2 lasers can provide wonderful results, they generally require weeks to months of healing. Our Tetra laser can be adjusted to eliminate social downtime! Typical treatments will have you back the very next day.
How does CoolPeel work?
The Tetra CoolPeel delivers laser energy to your skin, but in a very controlled and specific way. Instead of treating 100% of your skin in one session, the CoolPeel treats a percentage of your skin leaving “islands” of undamaged skin between. The islands of un-treated skin boost recovery and lead to rapid healing. Over a series of treatment sessions, typically four, spaced one month apart, your entire face is gradually resurfaced.
When the CoolPeel energy is applied to your skin, the treated areas are stimulated to produce new collagen in multiple layers. Additionally, structural components of skin such as “elastin” are tightened for long-lasting benefits. We can further control the output of the Tetra CO2 laser to deliver higher energy where necessary to customize the treatment to your specific anatomy and desires. As with our entire practice, designing a bespoke treatment plan for you is paramount.
Am I a candidate for CoolPeel?
You are a good candidate for a CoolPeel laser treatment if you are looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and sun damage, minimize pores, and improve skin texture. Your skin will look healthier and younger. However, if you have darker skin tones at baseline, or significant recent sun exposure, you may need to discuss further to see if you are eligible.
"Bonnie is deeply knowledgeable about skincare and the most effective tools/treatments needed to cultivate your best skin possible. I trust her completely, and truly enjoy the facials and treatments she provides. I highly recommend her services!" -T.S.
How long does a CoolPeel take?
A full-face CoolPeel laser peel can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes.
Is anesthesia or numbing required?
While there is no need for anesthesia or localized numbing, your provider may use a numbing cream for additional comfort.
What is my recovery time?
One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel, is that there is minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals so it is important to keep the skin hydrated.
Can other treatments be done at the same time?
Absolutely! Since the CoolPeel targets the top layers of your skin, one of the most beneficial things to add is radiofrequency micro-needling, or “Vivace,” which has similar enhancements for the underside of the skin. The combination of these two treatments can lead to a powerful transformation. Additionally, injectable options such as fillers or botox can also be considered. Your provider can help you decide the best way to get you your optimum result.
What to Expect After Treatment
While downtime is minimal, your skin does need a few days to heal, and how you take care of your skin after treatment is very important. Here’s what to do!
Post Treatment Care:
- You may feel a warm / sunburn sensation for about 2-4 hours post
- Gauze or a clean cloth moistened with cold water can be applied to the skin to help remove heat from the treatment area.
- Once the feeling of heat/warmth resolves, a light, cream-based moisturizer (without alcohol) should be used on the treated area to keep the skin hydrated (ask your treatment provider for a recommended product).
- When applying the moisturizer, if you feel any burning or discomfort, gently wash off the product using water and do not apply any other products.
- For the first 24 hours, do not use any products other than the moisturizer recommended by your treatment provider.
- A cool misting spray may be used for comfort, if
- Sleep with a clean pillowcase and head slightly
- Avoid sun exposure, intense workouts, and sweating for 24 hours or per your providers’
- Do not expose the treated area to anything that may cause complications (dirt, pets, etc.) as advised by your provider.
- Mineral makeup can be applied 24-48 hours post
- You can resume your skincare routine after 24 hours or per your provider’s instructions.
- Skin may have a sandpaper-like feel for 4-7 days (or more based on treatment area) post-treatment.
- Do not use any exfoliants or other products/procedures to remove the texture.
- CoolPeel treatments can be repeated monthly until the desired results are
Makeup Application Post-Treatment:
It is best to leave your skin without any make-up for at least 24 hours. Then, use clean applicators to apply mineral makeup to help protect your skin, maintain clean pores, and allow the skin to properly heal over time.
One of the main benefits of a CoolPeel is the minimal downtime. You should expect to be a little red, as if you have a sunburn, for a day or two, but nothing should prevent you from returning to your normal daily activities. Your skin may feel dry and scaly as it heals, and it is important to keep the skin hydrated.
Call Today For A Tetra CoolPeel CO2 Consultation In D.C.!
You can learn all about the benefits of Tetra CoolPeel CO2 and whether you are a candidate by calling West End Plastic Surgery at 202-785-4187. Or, you can fill out the form in our contact page, and our office will help you set up a consultation with our plastic surgeons. Our practice looks forward to serving you!