What is it?
Prescription Dysport is an injection used to temporarily improve the look of your moderate to severe frown lines without changing the look of your whole face. The untreated facial muscles still work normally, allowing you to freely show facial expressions, such as smiling, in untreated areas.
Dysport is a formulation that has been shown to deliver temporary improvement in moderate to severe frown lines, even with repeat treatments. So, the effect of repeat treatment with Dysport may be comparable to your first use.
Paul G. Ruff IV
Personalized, compassionate patient care is the foundation of West End Plastic Surgery's philosophy. Our board-certified surgeon, Dr. Paul G. Ruff IV embraces innovative techniques to ensure our patients get the best treatments available.Meet Dr. Ruff Request a consultation
Where can it be used?
- Eliminating wrinkles and lines caused by movement
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Creating wider-looking eyes *
- Fixing scars *
- Reducing pore size *
- Lifting the top of the nose *
- Lessening a gummy smile *
- Treating migraines and TMJ *
- Eliminating neck bands and cleavage wrinkles
* indicates off-label use.
We're as thrilled with our patients' results as they are. Check out our before-and-after photo gallery and see for yourself the kind of work our talented surgeons do.
How long does it last?
On average Dysport can last up 3 to 4 months. In some cases it can last up to 6 months.
With each treatment an initial consultation will be performed to make sure you are candidate for this procedure. An individualized treatment plan will be created for you to achieve optimum results.
Post treatment instructions
- Remain upright for 4 hours after injection, keeping your head above your heart.
- Exaggerate facial expressions in treated areas for 1 hour after injection.
- Tiny bumps and marks at the injection sites usually disappear within a few hours.
- With any injection procedure bruising is possible; if it occurs apply ice to area for 20 minutes. You may also use an OTC topical Arnica product.
- Headaches can occur after Dysport treatments. If you have a headache we recommend you avoid aspirin or aspirin containing products. You may use Motrin, Tylenol, and/or cool compresses. If headache is unrelenting or continues to get worse, please contact the office.
- DO NOT participate in yoga or other rigorous exercise activities for the 1st 24 hours after treatment.
- DO NOT massage or manipulate injection sites for 48 hours after injection.
- Schedule your follow up appointment (if applicable) prior to leaving office.
- Results are expected within 3-5 days after injection, with maximum effect by 2 weeks.
Please visit www.dysport.com for more information about your Dysport treatment.