COVID-19 UPDATE – July 7, 2020
Your health and safety are our priority. Please note that we have many new policies and procedures in place that have changed the way we practiced prior to COVID-19.
Your patience with these new policies is greatly appreciated and any feedback you have would be appreciated as well.
We are so excited to be seeing all of you again and hope that you have remained safe and healthy and will continue to practice social distancing and proper hand-washing hygiene. And of course, wearing the ever present face mask!
If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
It has been wonderful to have our team back together and we can’t wait to see you soon!
COVID-19 screening is an important new requirement for patients being seen in medical oﬃces and/ or undergoing elective procedures. As we begin to see patients in the oﬃce and perform procedures, some new policies will be in eﬀect:
- A very limited number of patients at a time will be seen in the oﬃce. All accompanying family or friends will be asked to stay in their car and wait for the patient
- Our staﬀ will be wearing masks and appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE), and all patients will be required to wear masks upon presenting to the oﬃce.
- No patient or WEPS team members will enter the office without being screened.
- All patients will be screened as well as have their temperature and Oxygen Saturation taken upon arrival to the oﬃce. This screening process will take place in the Atrium outside the office and is in place for patient safety as well as the safety of the oﬃce staﬀ. A temperature greater than 100.4 or a concern based on the screening questionnaire will necessitate a postponement of your visit and a recommendation for follow-up with your primary care
- The oﬃce and exam rooms will be wiped down and properly cleaned between each
- If there is a backlog of patients in the screening area, patients who are being seen will be asked to wait in their car for 10 minutes, then return to the screening station. (The previous patient will have left, and the oﬃce will have been wiped down with virucidal )
If you are having a non-invasive or minimally invasive procedure, you will also be required to swish and gargle with Colgate Peroxyl 1.5 % hydrogen peroxide prior to your treatment. We will provide Colgate Peroxyl 1.5 % hydrogen peroxide for you.
If you are scheduled for an operative procedure, a few more requirements will be in place for your safety. Pre-operatively, patients will be asked to obtain a COVID-19 test at Sibley Hospital or other approved testing site. This will require an order from our oﬃce which we will fax in, as well as an appointment made by the patient for testing. If your testing is done at Sibley, they will reach out to you to schedule your appointment. TESTING MUST BE PERFORMED NO MORE THAN 72 HOURS BEFORE PROCEDURE. The results must be received by the office no later than the day prior to your procedure. This assures testing within the week of your procedure, but that results are returned in time for your procedure. Additionally, patients and anyone else staying with the patient, must self-quarantine between the time of their test and the time of their surgery. Caregivers must complete the accompanying questionnaire as well, in order to minimize risk to the patient’s recovery.
We realize that these requirements may seem burdensome, but in our current situation, this is in the best interest of your health and the health of those around you. We appreciate your participation in our eﬀorts to assure your safety and maximize your health and outcomes.
Debra K. Schrag, BSN, MSN
Plastic Surgery in Washington, D.C.
Welcome to West End Plastic Surgery! As a premier cosmetic plastic surgery practice in Washington, D.C., we strive to always provide excellence in the delivery of compassionate, sensitive care to our patients and their families. As members of our community, we are dedicated to improving the quality of the lives both of our patients and our neighbors. We believe the doctor-patient relationship is based on mutual trust and thrives when patients are treated with respect and dignity.
Choosing the right plastic surgeon makes a difference. Dr. Ruff, Dr. Ramineni, Dr. Cohen and the team of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons are exceptional plastic surgeons in Washington, D.C. Our surgeons are equally adept at both surgical and non–surgical procedures and perform most operations at our fully accredited surgical suite. We were one of the first practices in Washington D.C. to offer J-Plasma Renuvion for skin tightening. We also specialize in Mommy Makeovers, Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, Hair Restoration and Gender Affirmation surgery.
If you are interested in a consultation, call us at 202-750-5189 today! We look forward to helping you get to where you want to be.