XEOMIN® was developed by Merz Aesthetics and is one of the latest treatments for wrinkle reduction on the market today. XEOMIN (incobotulinumtoxinA) has been approved by the FDA for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines (frown lines between the eyebrows) in adult patients.
Is it safe?
XEOMIN procedures are completely safe when performed under proper sterilization and sanitation guidelines. These guidelines include the following:
- All needles should be new and sterile for each client.
- All equipment and supplies should be pre-sterilized and disposed of in a sanitary manner.
- Gloves should be new for each client and changed periodically during the procedure.
- The room or treatment area should be in an area free from other contaminants.
West End Plastic Surgery adheres to the most stringent sterilization and sanitary guidelines.
Where can it be used?
XEOMIN can be used on virtually any area of the body. Areas that are commonly treated include the eyebrows, forehead, eyelids, lips, neck, jawline and the breast areola after breast surgery. XEOMIN is also commonly used under the arms for excessive sweating.
How long does it last?
Results vary depending on the area and amount used. It typically lasts up to 4 months.
XEOMIN treatment includes an initial consultation, and facial evaluation. An individualized treatment plan to achieve your goals is created. The treatment takes only a few minutes and is nearly painless. Details about how your XEOMIN treatment will be performed will be provided during your initial consultation.
Post treatment instructions:
- Remain upright for 4 hours after injection, keeping your head above your heart.
- Exaggerate facial expressions in treated areas for 1 hour after injection.
- Tiny bumps and marks at the injection sites usually disappear within a few hours.
- With any injection procedure bruising is possible; if it occurs apply ice to area for 20 minutes. You may also use an OTC topical Arnica product.
- Headaches can occur after Xeomin treatments. If you have a headache we recommend you avoid aspirin or aspirin containing products. You may use Motrin, Tylenol, and/or cool compresses. If headache is unrelenting or continues to get worse, please contact the office.
- DO NOT participate in yoga or other rigorous exercise activities for the 1st 24 hours after treatment.
- DO NOT massage or manipulate injection sites for 48 hours after injection.
- Schedule your follow up appointment (if applicable) prior to leaving office.
- Results are expected within 3-5 days after injection, with maximum effect by 2 weeks.
Please visit www.xeominaesthetic.com for more information about XEOMIN.