Are you displeased with the size and/or shape of your labia?
Do you have physical discomfort while sitting, exercising, or having sex? Are you self-conscious due to labial size or appearance? If you answered yes, you may be eligible for our clinical trial.
- Qualified study participants will receive a minimally invasive labiaplasty procedure using a helium plasma device. Study visits will take place at West End Plastic Surgery.
- This is a product evaluation study to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of a device to improve the appearance of loose, saggy skin of the labia.
- You will undergo a one-time study treatment and participate in 5 follow-up evaluations over 6 months. You will be compensated for your time attending follow-up appointments.
- Basic qualification criteria:
- 35-70 years old
- In general good health
- Have excess labia
- Seeking improvement of the appearance of lax tissue in the labia
- Allow photographs for clinical research purposes and potential publication
If you are interested, please fill out the form below:
Our Research & Development team at WEPS is excited to provide a space for innovation and growth within the field of plastic surgery. Research is necessary for medical advancement and allows for our practice to provide the best possible care to patients. Every physician is responsible for evaluating their own practice and is continually adjusting better the safety and efficacy of their practice but having our own R&D department allows for a formal and regulated space to evaluate outcomes.
Without inquiring minds, like Dr. Ruff’s, medicine would be at a standstill, and it is because of research, like his, that allows for further development and growth of the practice. High-quality clinical research is essential for the discovery and development of new treatments as well as for ensuring that existing treatments are being performed in the best possible way. By participating in clinical research, WEPS receives early access to new technologies, devices, and techniques. And with early implementation, we have greater insight into their efficacy as well as improved patient safety.
Patients who choose to participate in clinical research studies gain a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the treatment(s) and/or procedure(s) they undergo. There are more frequent, designated evaluation points above standard clinical assessments when it comes to research studies and oftentimes patients feel they get even more attention and oversight of their care as a result. With a consistent follow-up schedule and a steady line of communication between patients and research staff, our participants form strong relationships with their physicians and our R&D team.
Our R&D team is proud to offer this rewarding opportunity to our patients and we welcome your participation! Allison Martinez is our Clinical Research Manager. If you are interested in learning more about the research at WEPS or if you are interested in participating in any current or future clinical research studies, Allison is the best point of contact. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-785-4187 ext. 612.