If you are in middle age, you may be wondering what you can do to help reduce or remove the wrinkles and sagging in the lower two-thirds of their face. A facelift offers a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance, with results that last for years to come. Read on to learn six facts about facelift surgery that you may not know.
- You won’t have the “pulled back” appearance that some people associate with facelift surgery. At our office in Washington, D.,C., you will have a rejuvenated, naturally attractive appearance with our specialized techniques.
- Most patients are in their 40s, 50s and 60s, but facelifts are successful for patients in their 70s and 80s. If you are in good health, have a positive attitude and have realistic expectations for the outcomes of surgery, then you would be a good candidate for a facelift.
- Some patients may not be candidates for a facelift surgery yet if they only have early signs of aging. Non-surgical options such as ThermiSmooth, ThermiTight or J-Plasma may help tighten their loose skin.
- There are several techniques of facelift. Each facelift that is performed is tailored to the patient. A mini-lift consists of making a small incision in front of each ear, where a small area of skin is lifted. This is ideal for patients in their 30s and 40s who have early signs of aging. A weekend facelift is designed for people who want to tighten the jowls. It consists of using liposuction to remove excess fat from the chin. Lasers constrict fat cells and tighten tissues in the neck. A traditional facelift consists of making an incision at the hairline, tightening skin and trimming excess skin. This is ideal for patients who have large amounts of sagging. The deep plane facelift is the most comprehensive approach as it is similar to traditional facelift but releases sagging tissues along a natural anatomical plane. This results in a tension-free rejuvenated look in the neck, lower face and cheek.
- Facelift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis in nearly all cases. You will have bruising and swelling for the next few weeks and can go out in public in about 10-20 days after the surgery.
- Results last for 5-15 years, depending on the technique used. While you can’t slow down aging, gravity or environmental factors, you can maximize the results of your surgery with good after-care, which includes a great skin care routine.
To see whether you are a candidate for facelift surgery, call (202) 750-5189 to set up a consultation.