If you feel like you look angry or tired all the time, then you can probably blame aging and genetics. As we age, the skin on our face shows lines and wrinkles, especially in the upper third of the face. Some people inherit conditions such as a low, heavy brow or overhanging skin above their nose, making them look older than they are. The good news is that there is a popular plastic surgery that can correct these concerns and give you a more youthful appearance.
Read on to learn what you can expect from brow lift surgery.
- Also known as a forehead lift, a brow lift corrects drooping brows and improves the appearance of horizontal lines and wrinkles in the forehead as well as the vertical lines between the eyebrows.
- There are two different techniques to perform a brow lift. During a traditional brow lift, there is one long incision made from one ear to the other across the top of the forehead in the hairline. The skin of the forehead is lifted away so underlying tissue can be removed, altered and repositioned. The eyebrows may be elevated at this time. Excess skin will be trimmed away before the incision is closed with sutures or surgical clips.
- For an endoscopic brow lift, several small incisions are made within the hairlines. An endoscope is inserted through one of the incisions. This instrument with a camera at the end gives a good view of the area under the forehead skin. Other tools are inserted through the other incisions to manipulate the tissue as necessary prior to the incisions being closed.
- The incisions for both techniques are placed within the hairline or in an area that will be less visible once the incision is healed. It will take several months to a year for scars to fade.
- No matter which method is used for your surgery, you will achieve the same results: a smoother forehead with a more youthful-looking and raised brow.
- Many patients go back to work within 7-10 days after surgery. You can start driving as soon as you are comfortable, but you’ll want to avoid any strenuous activity or exercise for several weeks after surgery.
If you are interested in learning more brow lift surgery, call (202) 750-5189 today to schedule a consultation.