Childbearing and breastfeeding can take a toll on a woman’s body. A mommy makeover can restore the shape of a woman’s body and give them their pre-baby body back.
Read on learn more about what this life-changing surgery entails and whether you may be a candidate for it.
- A mommy makeover is often a single surgery that addresses many areas of the body. The most common areas of the body include the breasts, abdomen, waist, buttocks and genitalia.
- The most common procedures in a mommy makeover include a breast augmentation, breast lift, buttock augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck and vaginal rejuvenation.
- Candidates for a mommy makeover surgery are in good medical health, at or near their ideal body weight and have a positive outlook and realistic expectations for the outcome of surgery. It’s important that you are finished with childbearing and breastfeeding. Going through another pregnancy and childbirth could undo all the work that is performed.
- The choice to undergo surgery for a mommy makeover is a highly personal one. You should be doing this for yourself and not to fit someone else’s idea of your ideal image.
- While childbearing is one of the reasons why women get a mommy makeover due to what happens to the body, this surgery can benefit women who haven’t given birth. Women often have lost breast volume and have sagging abdominal skin from losing a lot of weight or due to the aging process.
- One of the reasons why patients choose to undergo a mommy makeover is because the surgery is one single surgery, which means not having to make arrangements for multiple recoveries. Most of the time, recovery can take 4-6 weeks. Swelling and bruising will gradually resolve during recovery, revealing your results. Final results will be apparent after several months.
Ready to start the discussion about getting a mommy makeover? Schedule a consultation by calling 202-785-4187 today.