Have you ever looked at someone and wondered what their secret was to flawless, youthful-looking skin? Chances are they have had Botox injection, as Botox is the No. 1 top-selling treatment of its kind around the world. When combined with facial fillers and other treatments as part of your rejuvenation plan, you can achieve a glowing, more youthful appearance you desire. Read on to learn more facts about Botox.
- Men and women of various ages can benefit from Botox injections. Age isn’t the only factor. Sometimes women in their 20s will get Botox, while some women won’t start treatment until they are in their 40s or older.
- Botox treatment takes only a few minutes after consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for treatment. Another benefit is there is no downtime required. You may feel a slight pinch during injections, but you should be able to go about your day after treatment. The convenience factor is one of the top reasons why Botox is such a popular non-surgical treatment option for reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Botox is a safe and effective procedure when it’s performed under proper guidelines and by trained professionals.
- Botox is FDA-approved for treating moderate to severe frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet. But it’s also used on eyelids, lips, neck, jawline and around the breast areola after breast surgery.
- You will see results gradually appear over the first few days after treatment, with full effect around 30 days post-treatment. Botox results last around four months, so you may need to return for regular visits to maintain or prolong results.
- Beyond its obvious use for cosmetic reasons, you may not know that Botox is used to help patients who experience excessive sweating and teeth grinding. It also helps reduce the appearance of gummy smiles and is useful for calf reductions.
To learn more about Botox and other ways to give yourself a more youthful appearance, call our office at 202-785-4187 to schedule a consultation.