NeoGraft Hair Restoration
For many people, a full head of hair represents attractiveness and desirability both personally and professionally. For this reason, it is vital to understand the effects a hair restoration procedure can have on your daily interactions with people and in all other aspects of your life. Hair Restoration should be unnoticeable to all but those you tell.
The facts are that approximately 50 million men and approximately 30 million women, including many in the Washington, DC area, suffer from male/female pattern baldness or thinning hair. Many potential patients shy-away from (or are not candidates for) the traditional “strip method” of hair replacement because of the slow recovery time, the loss of feeling at the incision site, the tiny linear scar on the back of the head, or the amount of post-operative pain involved.
After much research, we have chosen to offer the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method utilizing the NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplantation system. The FUE method of hair transplantation removes individual hair follicles from the scalp in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-4 hairs and are then placed in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred.
Reasons Why The NeoGraft Procedure Is The Solution
- It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation
- Patients who receive the NeoGraft procedure feel little to no discomfort after the procedure
- No stitches or staples are used in the NeoGraft procedure
- No unsightly linear scar
- Flexibility for any hair style of your choice, short or long
- Shorter recovery time – patients can typically go back to work the next day
- Fewer restrictions on your normal daily activities
- Natural looking results
Why Choose the NeoGraft Procedure?
The NeoGraft system is the first and only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraft system delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry.
This revolutionary system uses pneumatic controls to precisely extract complete individual hair follicles which can be immediately transplanted to the selected areas of the scalp. The NeoGraft automated hair transplantation system is the only complete harvesting system on the market and has the only ‘NO TOUCH’ implantation technology.
Hair Restoration with NeoGraft technology provides absolute exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable results. With NeoGraft’s technology each follicle is removed individually while the patient is comfortable. A natural looking head of hair is created with this minimally-invasive procedure.
Hair loss can be a very emotional part of the natural aging process, and seeking ways to curb this process used to be a challenge. NeoGraft’s advanced technology offers a discrete solution to hair loss, allowing patients to achieve natural looking results with no linear scar, minimal downtime and a shorter recovery period. Hair restoration with the NeoGraft procedure is unnoticeable, making it your secret to tell.
- Superior Results – More natural looking hair, short or long for both men and women.
- Advanced Technology – Automated technology, least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Gentle – Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision, no staples, no linear scar.
- Effective – Less activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Discrete – Patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Affordable – We have programs available to meet your exact needs.
Benefits of the FUE Method:
- FUE hair transplant is a very safe, minimally invasive, relatively minor procedure
- Minimal bleeding and fewer complications than with the “strip” method
- Procedure is performed with local anesthetic and no intravenous or intra-muscular sedation is required
- Patients experience minimal discomfort, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar and quick recovery times
The NeoGraft Automated FUE is also a useful procedure to fix visible linear scars from previous “strip” surgeries. FUE can be used to ‘fill in’ or camouflage those old scars by transplanting new follicles into the area.
Who is a good candidate for a NeoGraft?
- Men and women affected by hair thinning or loss who are interested in a minimally-invasive solution and natural-looking results.
- Individuals who want to be able to wear their hair very short at the sides or back of the head.
- People who want to resume their normal activities as quickly as possible after hair transplant treatment.
"I've been a client of West End Plastics for a few years now and they are wonderful, professional and kind. They don't push things on you and really spend time getting to know you. I have had wonderful conversations with much of the staff. I highly recommend them!"- A.S.
How is NeoGraft performed?
The NeoGraft procedure is performed in the office or surgical suite. A local anesthetic is injected into the skin. No general anesthesia is needed. Patients are awake during their procedure but may be given a mild sedative to help them relax since they will be lying down for a few hours.
Once the donor site is numb, the NeoGraft device is used to gently extract follicular units from an area at the back of the head. Optimal donor sites have dense hair growth. This stage of treatment can take 2 to 4 hours. After all follicular units have been extracted, the patient may take a break to eat, use the bathroom, or just take a breather.
For the placement phase of treatment, the patient sits upright. The area into which follicular units will be inserted is anesthetized in the same way the donor site was. After the scalp is numb, units of hair are inserted in a pattern that is optimal to fill in areas of thinning or baldness.
How soon will I see results from NeoGraft?
It is not uncommon for some of the transplanted hair to fall out after NeoGraft treatment. This does not suggest that the procedure was unsuccessful. Shedding is normal, but healthy follicles are doing their work to regrow new hair over time. The new follicles are living tissue that works in cycles. Like all other follicles, those that have been transplanted will go through active and dormant phases. New hair growth may be noticed 3 to 4 months after the procedure. By one year after NeoGraft, most patients have fully mature hair growth.
How long will the hair results last from NeoGraft?
The follicles that are transplanted during NeoGraft treatment grew hair normally in their native part of the scalp. These follicles are expected to continue in their normal growth cycles indefinitely. However, the hair loss process is not stopped by hair restoration treatment. Patients are encouraged to using growth-stimulating products as needed and, in some cases, may choose to undergo a touch-up NeoGraft session at some point.
Is NeoGraft painful?
NeoGraft patients receive injections of a local anesthetic before the transplant procedure. The scalp is numb for the duration of treatment.