J-Plasma is one of the latest techniques in the rejuvenation of skin. But how much do you know about this revolutionary new treatment to remove fat and tighten skin? Read on for nine things you need to know about J-Plasma.
- J-Plasma, also known as Renuvion, uses Cold Atmosphere Plasma (CAP) to tighten skin from below the surface.
- While any area of the body can use J-Plasma for skin tightening, the most common treatment areas include the face, neck, abdomen, breasts, back, arm and thighs.
- J-Plasma on the face and neck consists of external resurfacing, erasing years of sun damage and restore a more youthful contour. A special facial handpiece can tighten the upper and lower eyelids, jowls, nasolabial folds and lip lines.
- J-Plasma can be used under the skin surface to tighten skin on many areas of the body below the collarbone. This includes the arms, breasts, abdomen, bra-line, back, buttocks, thighs, knees and calves. It truly is a head-to-toe treatment that can restore the toned contours of youth.
- This outpatient procedure is done under general anesthesia, sedation or local anesthesia, depending on the treatment areas.
- Patients usually only need over-the-counter pain medication when recovering after treatment of limited areas, while some patients may need prescription pain medication if they had extensive treatment.
- Patients won’t see immediate results but will start seeing results soon after surgery. Results will continue to reveal themselves as the skin tightens from skin remodeling and new collagen production over the next several months and up to a year.
- Recovery takes approximately two weeks, but patients will notice some redness still around four weeks.
- If you are in good health and have mild to moderate skin excess, you may be a good candidate. For facial resurfacing, only those with lighter skin are candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about J-Plasma and other treatments for skin rejuvenation and a more youthful appearance, call our office at 202-785-4187 to schedule a consultation.